A modern day Vampire: the Masquerade role-playing community, set in the heart of New Orleans.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

It all finally falls into place...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daveigha

PostSubject: It all finally falls into place...   Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:10 pm

"Everything seems to be in order for Miss Daveigha." Charles, the driver, spoke to one of the women working at the front desk of a local store. Just beyond that desk, the petite woman known as Daveigha Frost and her attention were focused elsewhere. Eyes lined in black watched as several models took turns around the show room of the small store. With champagne in one hand and a cigarette in the other, she motioned towards the silk frock that was being paraded back and forth across the room.

"That is exquisssite. How much is that one, Quinna?" She asked the designer, who sat perched beside the demon. They both sipped the champagne and Julia smiled.

"That one is twenty-three hundred. The silk was made in Paris--handmade, too. What do you think of the color?"

"It sssuitsss me." Daveigha turned her gaze out of the doors and could see Charles waiting for her. "Oh, Quinna! I must be going! My house is ready. Will you have that boxed and delivered for me? Oh, and the shoes and bracccelet, too?"

Standing on a pair of six inch heels that were strapped to ankles to ensure that the demon didn't snap her feet in half, she gathered her purse and threw back the alcohol. With the cigarette still in hand, she kissed each of Quinna's cheeks and walked towards the front parlor of the store.

"Ready to go then, Charlesss?" She asked before looking to the girl at the front desk. "Charge the clothes to my AMEX account. Quinna knows the numbersss."

With that, she turned and walked out of the door that Charles held ajar. The town car was waiting with the door open and Daveigha climbed in, crossing her legs--one over the other knee. Her eyes caught him staring at her and she wondered aloud, "Do you think it will be beautiful?"

"Of course, Miss Daveigha. From what everyone has been saying, the woman who renovated it did a stand-up job. I bet you can hardly wait."

She shut her eyes, already seeing the new renovations with a vision. She smiled and took a drag from her cigarette.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Mina pulled into the drive of Ormond, fighting tears as she passed Destrehan sure that she had done something wrong or was too late or worse. She pulled in unaffected by Ormond's greatness as a testament to her depair. Her white mercedes parked in the empty drive way and she sat in the drivers side staring down at her small muscular thighs blinking.

He had done something to her and now she was addicted to his warmth, his touch, his eyes just everything about him she missed. It had been nearly a month and a half since she had seen him last, since he had proposed that they be together in a relationship and then he had never called. What did that mean? Mina shook her head, she had gotten in to far! She didn't know how to do this! why hadn't he just let her go? She had willing left when he suggested it and he had been the one to say he gave himself if she would accept him and now? Now they hadn't called or seen each other in weeks!

Regardless that it was her turn to call. What if she was dead?! Would he just wait forever!? Would Mina have just rotted away in her home alone? No, no he had left her and she knew that. She had been to shy and hadn't called him out of stupid bashfulness and now he had moved on never to be seen or heard from again.

The least he could do was break up with her!

So why was she at Ormond? Wyk hadn't been seen in months, Capricia hadn't been seen in months, Tierra would be no help and while she had been spending more time with Toni during Hotaru's lesson the girl was eighteen and didn't have any idea about immortal affairs.

Affairs!

The word made Mina's throat clog on the vitae she had taken. He had to be with someone else but she hadn't answered the question yet. Why was she at Ormond? Daveigha was the only other immortal woman Mina had seen in months, she was a demon like Corey and out of every one in the city she would be the one who knew him best. That's why she was at Ormond.

Mina's dark brown eyes stared toward Destreahan estate knowing she could push herself and be there in two minutes, beating his door down and demanding to know what the hell was going on! If he didn't want to be with her fine! But have the decency to tell her!

Mina got out of her car clad in a black berry colored dress with uneven material at the hem causing it to lay and overlap arfully. This was covered in an equally flowy, heavy cream colored cardigan. Her uncovered leg tappered off into high black heels and her hair was down and a curling mass of living black. She steped up onto the porch of Ormond and rang the bell.

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:34 pm

From the depths of the Creole mansion, Daveigha heard the door bell sound throughout the many corridors. Her attention didn't turn away from the stacks of paperwork that were already flooding her office. A maid moved passed the door and, in between taking puffs from her menthol cigarette, Daveigha spoke, "Let Miss Tsiskaridze in, please. And fetch her blood. I sssussspect she will be quite frazzled..."

"Of course, my lady." The girl curtsied and made her way to the grand foyer of the giant house. Already, there was hustle and bustle. Servants who had followed her from New York carried in trunks full of clothing, boxes filled with centuries worth of books, chests stuffed with treasures beyond a human's wildest dreams. Daveigha was a collector of sorts and her new house would display it, as such. The made, nodding to the butler who went to the door, allowed him to open it. She smiled politely to the vampire.

"Madamoiselle Tsiskaridze, please follow me. My mistress is waiting for you in her library. She suggested drinks to be served and we have plenty on stock. What do you normally take? Type O, A, B, negatives, positives, rarities? We keep even the strangest brands in the kitchen..." She rambled, turning back towards the path she'd taken through the house. By the time they reached the doors, the maid spoke once more before announcing Mina's entrance. "We will have your beverage promptly......a Miss Tsiskaridze for you, ma'am."

Daveigha's large eyes, lined so heavily with black make-up it made her appear ghastly, brought their gaze to the Toreador and she smiled brightly. With a quick snap, the book she'd been reading was shut, and she came around her desk quickly. Still wearing the pen-thin, six-inch stilettos, she made her way to the vampire and tilted her head.

"What an adorable dress! The pair of colors is sssensssational." And it was a genuine comment. Daveigha noticed the worry that marked the perfectly sculpted features of the woman and led her to a nearby chair. Her voice softened and she raised a brow, "Seeing as how I normally do not pry into the mindsss of those I do not know well, I can only guess the reassson why you would come to my home of all placccesss..."

The maid opened the door silently and sat a heavily ornamented tray of sterling silver before the two women and atop it sat two goblets--one with blood and the other with equally questionable liquid--and a new pack of cigarettes.

Her hand rested atop Mina's knee and she gave a pat, lighting another cigarette before she settled into the plush couch.

"What has my dear friend, Corey, done thisss time?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Mina nodded and followed the maid as she wove through the house, actually caught of guard by the drink in question. Considering she mostly help families in poverty she took any and all kinds of blood, mostly O positive as it was most common so she didn't really know how to answer. "Do you use oxgyenation machines's to keep it fresh?" Mina asked wondering if they did the same as in her own home but when the question fell to the wayside she said a little louder, "AB negative please."

The Ballerina looked around at all the boxes and trunks and chaos so wrapped up in the constant buzzing of the house that she jumped when Daveigha snapped the book shut. She smiled and rubbed her skirt as Daviegha came 'round and commented her on her dress and attaire. A single black onyx braclet fell down her wrist as she tucked a lock of hair behind one of her ears. She followed the Snake's lead and took a seat next to her as the beverages were brought in.

"I'm glad you didn't just go through my head, you might have thrown me out." Mina said with a little giggle at herself. She waited until the Maid had left and Daveigha settled asking her question before she, the Ballerina, answered, "Nothing and that's the problem."

Mina sighed, "First of all, after that kiss at Oak Alley Corey and I met again to talk about it weeks later and he offered himself to be in a relationship with me to which I agreed." She remembered deals with devils and quickly added, "There was no shaking hands or anything." she said assuming Daveigha would know what she meant. "So I must also tell you that it is my turn to call him or contact him but I"m so painfully shy and not forward at all. I'm very terrible at it and so it's been a month and a half now and I have not heard from him."

The Ballerina took the glass of vitae and sipped it as though it were a very rich merlot or cabernet aged to perfection. Holding the glass at her knees she looked down into it, "I'm afraid I've waited to long and now he has moved on without even thinking to tell me." Mina's face turned to a little scowl of frustration, "Its killing me not to go over there right now! I could be there in two minutes, I could easily get around his Mammy and find him and confront him without anyone able to stop me." Her voice trailed off into a whisper as though she were talking to herself.

She looked up after a pause, "Sorry...he just makes me so crazy!"

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:52 am

From the filter, Daveigha pulled smoke into the depths of her lungs and smiled at the sound of Mina's voice changing when she spoke of Corey. And the fact she even knew to add that she'd not made a deal with Corey made the demon choke on her own laughter, and smoke seemed to spew from both her lips and nose. She grinned, still coughing a bit, and took a drink from her glass. More times than not, it was alcohol; this time it was whiskey and Coke.

Her brows were arched high when Mina mentioned that she had yet to call Corey and this somewhat startled the Snake. She interrupted the vampire, asking, "Ssso you were not having any problems with him. And then you did not call even though it was delegated to you. And now he hasssn't spoken to you in over a month?"

She let Mina continue, let her rant and rave about her friend, and in the end Daveigha still kept the smile on her face. With another sip taken, she let the cigarette rest between her lips as she spoke, knowing just what was going on, "Well, going over there will do you no good, little one. Corey hasssn't been and won't be home until Monday or Tuesssday, I suspect. He wouldn't go this long without speaking with you, especially if he has agreed to some terms of a relationship. I have never known him to do sssuch a thing....in fact, I have never known him to be in any relationship. Not since--"

Daveigha stopped and shook her head, tapping the filter with her forefinger to dab ashes off the other end of her menthol.

"Demons are wayward, Mina. It isssn't that we don't want to stay in a certain area, it is that we can't. Sometimes, we feel the call of the wild or wind or water...we sssimply must answer our hearts and go whereever it takes us. It happens to Corey because he is plagued with guilt whereas I am plagued with boredom. Surely you must understand that. I can assure you that he isss not off with some other woman or vampire."

With her hair now tangled in her platinum locks as she rested her head against her palm, she studied Mina with a pair of clever, reptilian eyes.

"You've come a long way from where you onccce began. He makes you feel more alive than you have felt in a long, long time. And he has taken you to our special place. I wouldn't doubt the feelingsss you have in your heart for him. But I alssso wouldn't chase him. Let it happen the way it is supposed to happen, Mina. Don't over-think this one." Daveigha grinned and pulled the last bit of smoke from her cigarette before smashing the hot embers into a nearby ashtray. "I can promise you that what comes from it will be a good thing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:40 am

When Daveigha repeated how Mina hadn't called Corey she felt stiffled as though it were more real since someone else had said it. Gah! How could she have been so stupid as not to call him! What made it worse was that he would be home for maybe another day! But that was not the lowest this particular demon would take her. Not only had Corey rarely been in a...'stated' relationship it had apparently happened once before! She was only the second and royally screwing it up! The only thing that reassured her was that Daveigha seemed postive that Corey woudn't have left her alone this long, he would have called her or sought her out or something which eased her nerves somewhat.

Mina wanted to ask questions about this other woman that Corey had been so involved with. Not only for sheer curiosity but because Mina wanted to know if she measured up? Was she similar? Was she just a copy of some sort maybe? She hoped not...but then Mina thought of the necklace Corey had wanted her to search. Search for the wearer...it was her. This other woman he wanted her to look for. Mina suddenly, desperately wanted to get her hands on that locket.

These thoughts were stilled however as Daveigha described that Corey was some where alone, plagued with guilt! She understood the calls of one's nature but he could have come to her? He didn't have to go alone that's what she was there for right? However then she wondered if she would ever be able to lean on him in a time of need. Could she have brought herself to do it? Surely not this soon. And did this 'wayward' feeling mean that if this were to become more serious Mina would have to deal with being alone for extended periods of time? God she had so many questions!

As she sat contemplating what Daveigha said the woman spoke again talking about how Corey made her feel alive. "You have no idea." she said with a smile though she immediately covered her mouth, "I mean, not like that but he does make me feel warm in a temperature sense and it gets into me like its my own." Mind said stammering all the way over how sexual it sounded as she was totally embarassed.

As Daveigha finished Mina took a sip from her glass, "He has taken me to that...oh what did say? He described it as a generic eden kind of and I can feel the sun there, I can see everything with a natural light that I havnt' seen in decades." Mina shook her head, "Not to sound riddiculous but I'm not supposed to feel things such as goose bumps or chills or heat or feel like the vitae I have consumed blossoms on my cheeks aroung him but he gets me to feel those things and he responds to them."

She sighed sadly, "He gives me back everything I gave up before I knew what I was giving up. Corey give me back everything I wouldn't have given up and that's what makes me doubt my true feelings for him because I feel so selfish." She ran a hand through her own locks that contrasted with Daveigha's, "I want to see him to assure myself that he's okay genuinely but I'm also just wanting to feel alive again for myself and that can't be right. To demand something of the one you are with, to not just care about them for them but to care about them for the way they make you feel?" Mina shook her head, "I'm not sure about it."

She smiled at the Snake however, attempting at a bright one, "But I will take your advice and not worry and try not to over think it." Mina looked around with new eyes, "I hope he won't be irritated that I came without him."

Back into her skin Mina started peering into corners at details that would be missed by the glancing human eye as she examined the place from the inside, "I love Ormond, it's the oldest Plantation on the coast did you know that?"

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:18 pm

The demon smiled when the young vampire spoke of Corey. She sipped quietly on her mixed drink and listened intently, flashing pearly whites when Mina smiled. And for a moment, Daveigha could imagine a blush blooming onto the Toreador's cheeks.

"I will say this here and now, even though the words have may not been exchange, but I think you are posssitively enraptured by him! And if he has declared this to be some sort of intimate relationship, well dare I say it? He must be quite enamored with you as well. Manakael--I mean, Corey--has always been loving. Even before the Fall of our kind. However, his expressions of this love have always been of a more...physical nature." Daveigha actually grinned and gave a wave of her hand.

"Nonetheless, you shouldn't be worried about him. I have a very good feeling that he isss not far from visiting you again. You must give him time to adjust isss all. And by coming to one of his dearest friendsss with your concerns just shows me that your intentions are righteous. Not that I worry for Manakael's health. The situations that child getsss himself into always have astounded me..." Her voice drifted off. There were a few quiet moments shared between the women as they sipped their respective drinks.

"Ormond is lovely. I have been admiring it for quite some time. I just needed the push to finally buy it and move." Daveigha was impressed by the little bits of history Mina began to share. She chimed in, "Is that a fact? The oldessst? Well, I will be sure to brag to Man--Corey. He can be quite insufferable about real estate, you know? A property snob, I think. You know that he--"

"Ma'am." Came the voice of the maid once more. Daveigha brought her attention to the young woman who gave a curtsy and held two beautiful black peacoats, embellished with pearls and golden chains at the neck. "It is time. I have taken the liberty of bringing Miss Tsiskaridze a coat as well. It is chilly there and I did not think you would exclude her."

The maids voice trailed off and a brilliant grin came to Daveigha's face. She clapped her hands together delighted and took Mina's glass from her.

"Come with me tonight, Mina! I am sure Corey would want us to bond seeing as how captivated he is with you. It is to be a sssensssational, the best if the season!" With an incredible amount of strength, the small demon pulled the even smaller woman from her seat on the couch and took the jackets from the maid and held one out to Mina. The expression on Mina's face was confused and Daveigha quickly explained, "It's Chanel, darling. Do you not like Chanel?"

Without waiting for answer from the ballerina, Daveigha gave another wave of her hand and the very in front of them seemed to tear. She took Mina's hand, assured her with a grin, and spoke to the maid over her shoulder.

"We'll be back later. And I want...what is that place called again that ssservesss cow?"

The maid replied, "Wendy's, madame?"

"No, the other..." Daveigha shook her head, allowing the portal she created to open farther and farther, appearing to be nothing more that a swirling wormhole.

"McDonald's?" The maid asked.

"Yes! I want those tiny little nuggets of chicken and a...a..." Daveigha thought hard for a moment, the thought finally coming to her. "Oh, yes. A C-Hi."

"Chicken nuggets and a Hi-C. Have a good trip, ma'am." The maid disappeared into the room and Daveigha looked to Mina. Another smile was given, but this one was so much more devious. She released Mina's hand and before she shoved Mina into the portal, she whispered in her ear, "Don't forget to breathe..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Mina listened as Daveigha reassured her that she could tell that the demon and kindred were genuinely caring for each other. What brought her up short was this 'Manakeal' name she kept calling Corey. The Ballerina coughed hard when Daveigha referenced sex...did she know that they hadn't had it yet? Did that mean something? Glad that she changed the subject Mina listened and nodded counting the second time Daveigha said Mankael instead of Corey. And then a third?

The Maid set forth a whirl wind of quick decisions and soon Mina was standing before a portal, like the one she had seen at the Autumn Gala last year. Despite Daveigha's instructions Mina held her breath and clamped her eyes shut only to open them to a white room surrounded by people. The building she was in was the Grand Palais in Paris with its unforgettable architechture the walls were lined with people.

Once Daveigha joined her Mina smiled so brightly it rivalled the white floors. "I love Chanel! Absolutely adore it and have followed it for a long time I was simply taken aback as to what you meant." Mina took her seat next to Daveigha on the front row, "Thank you so much for bringing me!"

Just as she finished her statement a live orchestra began filling the place from floor to ceiling with reverberating violin and accompanyments. Starting with blacks and whites the models manuvered a practiced path aroudn the fountains situated through out the place. From black to some grey dresses and one oversized sweater dress with pockets had Mina giggling. Lots of tweed suits passed the pair and Mina found something good from all of them. One wrap tweed dress of yellows, whites and oranges caught her attention. Next came a set of five short shorts and matching top which Mina liked all! From geometrical lines to short dresses to floral prints to long grey skirts and a dress not to forget to blacks, whites and a few interesting pinks with one very handsome peach colored feather dress that Mina would kill for!

As soon as it had started it was over and Mina had a mental shopping list in her mind of all the clothing she wanted. She clapped with the rest of the audience and stood with them turning to Daveigha, "Oh thank you! Thank you! It was absolutely wonderful!" The Ballerina ran a hand through her hair.

She of course knew that the real Coco Chanel was not dead and infact did private designs for particular immortals by invitation. Mina herself had never been invited but she prayed that one day she would have the oportunity to meet the amazing woman!

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:52 am

Daveigha carefully studied each clothing piece as it passed, writing down each item she liked, and happily smiled to Mina. Already, she knew, they'd be friends on the terms of their love for fashion. She leaned over when a beautiful piece came down the runway near the end of the show...it was a beautiful, almost outlandish gown made completely of pale pink feathers. Daveigha grinned and said, "You must have that. You would look absolutely fabulous...not the shoes ssso much, perhaps a Balenciaga stilettos to go with it."

The models paraded in their finest of walks, though some left little to be seen with stiff arms and rigid backs. Daveigha tsked and noted to herself that she would be speaking to the director sometime soon, though it wouldn't be tonight. The orchestra began their crescendo and she began to clap as the designers came strutting by. A genteel clap was given and she nodded to the elderly man, hair white as snow, and he briefly came to a stop near them.

"Madamoiselle Frost, how lovely to see you. And your companion, bonjour."

"Alwaysss good to see you too, my friend. This is Mina Tsiskaridze, the famed Russian ballerina. Mina, this is Karl Lagerfeld. He is Chanel's lead designer and a very good friend of mine." Models beckoned him away and he murmured, "Ciao."

The show had ended as quickly as it had started, even though eighty-seven outfits had been presented. Daveigha stood, taking Mina by the hand.

"Come, let us find your dresss. We wouldn't want them to get rid of it..."

They mingled, they laughed, and several models came to their small group.

"Tsiskaridze! Your family taught my grandmother to dance!" One American ballerina spoke up. Daveigha winked to Mina, both knowing that it was truly Mina who would have taught the girl's grandmother. Paparazzi came to photograph them when Karl reappeared in between the vampire and demon. He murmured to Mina that the frock she had adored so much would be delivered during the following week and to this, the demon's impish dimples appeared at either sides of her full mouth. Mina surely would have blushed at this if she were alive!

Daveigha draped her arm over Karl's lower back and smiled politely for the flashing bulbs and the men who called out her name.

"Miss Frost! Over here!" "Miss Frost, what brings you to Paris?" "Miss Frost is it true that you've recently moved to New Orleans?"

Without answering any of their questions, Daveigha took Mina's arm into the crook of her arm, kissed each of Karl's cheeks, and bid them goodnight.

"As if we were Cinderella...we mussst disappear from the ball. And in tomorrow's Parisian papers! Our faces! How I love being me..." Daveigha mused as they hurriedly slipped behind one of the curtains. The tear was made, the portal was opened, and the two immortals slipped through the hole unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:17 am

Mina smiled kindly and would have blushed at the man she was intoduced to if she could have, "It was a marvelous show Monsieur." she said as he moved away before turning to Daveigha, "I havn't been a ballerina in Russia for some thirty years!" she whispered.

Then the Ballerina was tugged back stage to find the peach master piece and was including in the crowding of the tall, half dressed models. Mina giggled as the other ballerina made her statement though it made her a little worried. People still recognized her name in Europe...she understood that she had made quite an impression in the dancing industry but...after thirty years?

All her fears were bushed away as the head designer, Karl, reappeared and whispered that she would have her dress soon! Mina could barely stand it, she would have to shop for new shoes and clutch and jewelry! The Ballerina would definately take up Daveigha's suggestion on shoes and go from there.

But then the worst happened...Paparazzi. Cameras were flashing before Mina could hide her face and she guessed that the Prince would be angry if she stood there with dumb founded look on her face versus a pretty smile so she threw on a brilliant on. She did her best to shake her hair into her face so as to sheild it somewhat. Oh god! Ursula was going to kill her!

Following Daveigha's suit she also kissed both of Karl's cheeks whispering 'thank you' in her native tongue to mechanically let Daveigha pull her back through the portal to which she immediately began shaking at Daveigha's statement about the papers.

"Do you think our Prince gets the Parisian papers? She's going to kill me! Ursula is going to kill me!" Mina ran a hand through her hair, she would have to leave...leave New Orleans, "I'll have to leave." She said quietly, "She's going to kill me."

Quessing that her new friend would probably like an explanation Mina began, "Before you got here I made the Prince made on something like three different occassions and the last time she told me to lie low or she would...well kill me for breaking masquerade! Being in the Parisian papers isn't exactly lying low is it? She's going to kill me!" Mina stammered sitting on the couch to rub her face.

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:54 am

"Why would you worry about Ursula?" Daveigha spoke, sealing the portal behind her. Mina had taken to the couch and Daveigha found her food waiting for her on top of her desk. It was still warm and she licked her lips excitedly. She tore into the French fries first and turned to look back at Mina. Tapping her heeled toe, she raised a brow and spoke mid-chew, "Are you kidding? Ursssula is nothing but a snob! To see one of her own Kindred citizens in a high fashion magazzzine would be like handing her the prize for best Prince of the year. She'll think it is smashing!"

Daveigha swallowed and fetched her drink, dipping a straw into the cup's hull. She sipped a few quiet moments and continued to reassure the vampire.

"Listen, if you want to be apart of the crowd, you have to fit in. She wants you to keep low if you are planning to be posing as a human. From what I can tell, the world already recognizzzesss you as an infamous artist! Why not embrace it? If you are an INFAMOUS human, why not be in magazines and be loved by those who know you? Honestly...I play the part of a socialite, but I follow the rules within reason. I do what I want, when I want it, and the world adoresss me for it."

She set the Hi-C down and came to sit by Mina, patting her knee.

"Listen, darling. If you want to be accepted by the Prince, you have to know how to play the game. Obviousssly, no one has taught you. I can. I am an expert at Kindred court. After all, I was raisssed in one. I can make Ursula love you, Mina, as if you were her own childer. All you have to do isss let me give you a lesson or two..." Daveigha held out her hand in offering, a sign of friendship and maybe even a business partnership that would prove fruitful for the both of them. "In exchange my teachingsss, you must come to the next show with me. I think it is Chanel's haute couture and I know you wouldn't want to miss it."

Was it a deal to be made? No one was ever quite so sure with Daveigha. Mina could have been making a pact, signing a deal with a devil. But then again...it could simply be the demon being kind. She sat back, plucked one of her chicken nuggets from the batch, and popped it into her mouth. Briefly a smile was given before the maid appeared at the door with another goblet filled with blood. It was all up to Mina to decide now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:42 am

Mina laughed, "Infamous no, famous yes." The Ballerina's pride in her status shinned bright through her eyes, "I Mistress Frost am on of the greatest Dancers of all time and my 'Family' which consists sole of myself has always produced the most talented ever!" She smiled, "I can also be a part of the crowd to, I've been around human's most all my unnatural life so I've got that. It's the Kindred part I don't understand."

The Ballerina sent a silent curse Nikolai's way for that before turning back to the Demon. Every thing was sounding good until Mina got deja vu of a certain deal made in arcadia a while back. Also Corey's serious expression waved before her, Daveigha was not to be triffled with he had warned her once. However from Mina's point of view it was probably this or death at this point and death was certainly not an option.

It seemed as though it was only one show for two lessons was what she was hearing and that deal could be done and dealt with soon enough couldn't it? What happened when deals were over?

The Ballerina eyed the exact contrast of herself wiggling her fingers by her head, "So one show in exchange for two lessons? is that what you are proposing?" then she slowly held out her hand waiting to be struck down by some divine power at any moment for this.

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Game.

Set.

Match.

Daveigha took Mina's hand and gave it a shake. Within that shake, the earth rumbled beneath them, and a pact was made. A smile was worn as she spoke, "A few lessons, one show, and you may continue to come with me if you desssire so. I rather enjoy your company."

A wave of emotion filled Daveigha suddenly. It was satisfaction. She'd made another nightly pact. It wasn't for the good or bad, merely her own amusement. She could make Mina presentable for Ursula, she could make give her all of her desires, but she wondered if Mina truly knew what that meant. The price one paid to become what the Prince desired was a dastardly road and one that was often walked alone.

Mina's hand was released and the demon looked towards the door. She sensed Manakael's presence nearby, but didn't speak of it. Her irises contracted though and she felt the need to find him, speak to him about his treatment of the young vampire. The demon felt a growing restlessness inside of her and bit back the urge to announce that Corey had returned, and he was visiting Benjamin. She did just the opposite.

"My dear, I am afraid I mussst retire for the night...After all, I am still one who enjoys sleeping at night." She grinned, hoping Mina took no offense. She stood, helped Mina to her feet, and took the Toreador's arm to lead her through the house. "I do hope you come and visit soon. I do not have many friendsss here in New Orleans, just yet. Aside from Corey and my niece, I fear that I only have social climbing acquaintances and I can't very well ssspend all my time with them. They bore me and you...you are interesssting."

The maid from earlier passed them both, giving another curtsy, before continuing on her way. Daveigha nodded and smiled once the butler opened the door.

"You are welcome here always, I promise. And if you ever need anything, do not hesssitate to contact me." She looked out the threshold, just beyond the porch, and wondered when Manakael would be stopping by. He would soon...she could feel it. "Is there anything elssse you need before you go? A sssnack for the road?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Mina felt the earth rumble under her feet and immediately felt like at some point someone would chastise her for making a deal with a demon. She would have to make sure not to anger Daveigha or she might have chosen death at the hand of Ursula instead of what would have happened. Mina picked up on the elsewhereness of Daveigha's mood suddenly and she stood as Daveigha did.

"Once again thank you for everything and the Chanel show was marvelous." Mina said quietly, "And I will come and visit soon for sure or you are always welcome at my studio of course. If you can tear yourself from this magnificent mansion!" Mina giggled.

Mina merely ducked her head at the 'interesssting' comment feeling embarassed, she bet she was interesting. At the snack comment Mina's worried gaze flicked to the butler before she shook her head, "Oh no...no no I'm fine thank you. It's rude to go somewhere hungry so I tend to feed well before I ever leave my home." Mina explained hurriedly before Daveigha insisted.

Mina waved, "I'll see you soon." She said as she walked out to her car to drive back into the depths of New Orleans.

FIN.

PostSubject: Re: It all finally falls into place...   

Back to top Go down

It all finally falls into place...
Page 1 of 1